HGC (now PhilGuarantee) Shares Expertise at the 7th ISO 9001 Recognition Ceremony
Home Guaranty Corporation (HGC), now the Philippine Guarantee Corporation (PhilGuarantee), gets to share its knowledge and expertise at the 7th Recognition Ceremony and Public Sector Quality and Productivity Forum conducted by the Government Quality Management Committee (GQMC) on October 24, 2019 at the Philippine International Convention Center in Pasay.
In his presentation, Manager Lloyd A. Sioson of the Management Information Systems Department of HGC, highlighted how the ISO certification process united the entire Corporation in reclaiming for HGC its rightful place in the housing finance sector.
In the last seven years of its ISO certification journey, HGC has been able to achieve the following milestones:
- ISO 9001: 2008 Certification to its core business processes, namely: Guaranty Application; Guaranty Enrollment; and Guaranty Call in 2013;
- The first Philippine Government agency to institute Integrated Quality Management and Information Security Management Systems where HGC was conferred with ISO 9001:2015 Certification to its entire business processes and ISO/EIC 27001:2013 Certification to its information security management system in 2016; and
- Passing the Stage 1 Audit for ISO 22301:2012 or Business Continuity Management Systems while maintaining the ISO 9001:2015 and ISO/EIC 27001:2013 certifications in 2019.
Adhering to the quality standards and the continuous improvement principle of the ISO, HGC has:
- Increased its number of partner banks, developers and other financial institutions from 74 in 2012 to 123 as of end of September 2019;
- Increased the value of the Outstanding Guaranty from P82.40 billion in 2012 to P184.97 billion as of end of September 2019; and
- Overturned its financial loss of P563.098 million in 2012 to a net income of P2.19 billion in 2018.
Aside from improving its performance and efficiency, Manager Sioson shared that combining two or more Management Systems into an Integrated Management System (IMS) helps organizations to save money, time and energy, eliminate conflicts and duplication and simplify the audit and certification process.
The GQMC holds its annual recognition ceremony to promote improved public sector performance through the adoption of ISO 9001 Quality Management System in all government agencies.
Video link of the ceremony: